Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got experts by your side. Our job, as your real estate team, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Sales Agreement. This is the document we present to the seller that basically states the price, terms, and any other conditions that you’re offering.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
Don’t worry. We know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the best possible value. In fact, we look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We’ll recommend a price based on recent activity in the area.
- We may suggest a conditions, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- We’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, we’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- We’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, we’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate team that, like us, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have experts on your side… a team that knows how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email us.